WatchCanada still aiming for intensive NAFTA talks even though Trumps in no

OTTAWA — The federal government is still expecting NAFTA talks to accelerate this summer even though U.S. President Donald Trump says he’s in no rush to sign a deal until after the U.S. midterm elections this fall.A government official familiar with the plan says now that Mexico’s presidential election is done, Ottawa wants to restart talks as soon as possible, even though Trump says he won’t sign a new deal until after U.S. voters go to the polls in November.The effort to restart stalled negotiations on the North America Free Trade Agreement comes with Canada and the U.S. swapping punitive tariffs on imports in an ongoing cross-border trade fight.NAFTA talks to get a jumpstart from Mexico election, adviser predicts, with a deal possible this yearCanada should reconsider milk pricing policy to appease U.S., Quebec premier says‘We will not back down’: Ottawa strikes back at U.S. with tariff targetsForeign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland has said she spoke with U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer six times last week and that she expects NAFTA talks to move into a higher gear this summer.Mexican president-elect Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador says he supported renegotiating NAFTA, and wants his own team of experts to be part of the talks before he takes office Dec. 1.The official, speaking on condition of anonymity about a matter they weren’t authorized to discuss publicly, says until Lopez Obrador is sworn in, members of the current Mexican administration will continue to serve as the country’s lead NAFTA negotiators.On Monday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau spoke with Lopez Obrador by phone, and the two discussed “mutually beneficial economic and trading relationship between the two countries, and their shared priority of updating the North American Free Trade Agreement for the betterment of their peoples,” Trudeau’s office said in a statement.In an interview that aired Sunday on Fox News, Trump said he could quickly sign a revised NAFTA with Canada and Mexico, but instead wants to land a better deal for the U.S. Asked about the timing of an agreement, Trump said: “I want to wait until after the election.”— with files from Associated Press read more

Read More →

Banja Luka and Sabac awaken – Almost 11000 people watched SEHA Round

Fantastic experience in front of 5.000 fans had C.O Zagreb in the handball famous hall “Borik” in Banja Luka, where the Champion of Croatia won against home team, Borac 29:24. Beside them, interesting game was played in Sabac, where Metaloplastika beats Bosna Sarajevo 25:22 forced by 2.000 fans.Game by game, almost 11.000 handball fans watched 6 matches of SEHA Round 4.Tatran – Izvidjac 39:30 (1510), Lovcen – Crvena zvezda (1000), Metalurg – Nexe (700), Vardar – Sutjeska (300). ← Previous Story “Flying Balic” – Handball Photo of The Year 2011 Next Story → Kadetten youthstar out 6-8 months SEHA

Read More →

Rasmus Lauge in THW Kiel until 2016 – Momir Ilic I would

Momir IlicRasmus LaugeRasmus Lauge SchimdtTHW Kiel One of the best younger players in Europe, Danish youngstar Rasmus Lauge (22) has signed three years contract with German and European champion – THW Kiel. As we wrote before, THW likes obviosly generation 1991 as we know that Wael Jallouz became already “Zebra”. Daniel Narcisse and Marcus Ahlm will leave the team next summer, but destiny of Serbian left back Momir Ilic is still unknown. Captain of the Serbian “Eagles” is at the end of the contract with Kiel, but still showing his willingness to stay on Baltic coast:– I would like to stay in Kiel, but we didn’t speak yet about that – said Ilic for German media.photo: THW Kiel FB ← Previous Story Bogdan Wenta stays in Kielce: New contract is new motivation Next Story → Wisla Plock goes without Nikcevic and Nenadic in “War for Poland” read more

Read More →